Monday, December 9, 2013

Amazing Transformation!

My 7 year old daughter and I have been JMAC family members for over year, and within this period I have witnessed an amazing transformation in my daughter.

Although she has always been an exceptional and wonderful child, as anyone would attest to, she has mild ADHD and focus and concentration have always been a challenge for her.  When we started at JMAC, I had hopes that it would help her with these problems, but it would be a gross understatement to say that it met my expectations! 

JMAC is truly a place of holistic self enhancement. All the instructors here are dedicated and professional martial artists. The children’s program is truly phenomenal.  Since my daughter has been at JMAC, her focus has quadrupled.  Her teachers at school have noticed a huge difference in her ability to concentrate, and stemming from that, her reading and math skills have gone from average to an entire grade level above. Every morning she says her affirmations that are taught in class in order to remind herself to “try my best!” 

They spend circle time every class session to discuss issues vital for today’s youth such as strangers, respect, community involvement, and bullying.  The children have a wonderful time, and it is amazing to watch the level of skill they develop in a short amount of time.  Due to the untimely death of my husband, my daughter has lacked a male role model and Sensei Suino has been a Godsend for us.  My daughter adores him and looks up to him; she takes his words very seriously and even at her tender age applies them in her life.  I cannot recommend this place enough.  Thanks JMAC!!

-Tiffanie Alexander

*We can't promise that every child will do as well as Tiffanie's daughter, but we do have a lot of success stories. Stop in or call us at JMAC - we'd love to chat about how we might be able to be a force for good in your child's life!

Martial Arts Ann Arbor - Kids Karate - Japanese Martial Arts Center

(734) 645-6441

info@japanesemartialartscenter.com

No comments: